Lost in the Rain

May 15, 2007:

The highlight of this day begins when I meet Sarah Z. (summer classmate, friend, and travel buddy) at her hotel. It was raining but we decided to go out for a cup of hot coco or tea in old town. Confident in my directions/navigations we headed out. Well, we somehow went the wrong direction and ended up walking in the rain for a good bit of time. We chuckled as it is moments such as getting lost in the rain that make memories. We eventually found our way back to her hotel and killed time before meeting Oggi for dinner by having hot coco at the hotel. Having trouble reaching Oggi, we headed back out into the rain, crossing town on foot to try to meet him. As it turns out we miss Oggi, much due to ill-functioning cellphones/being out of range (Oggi had lent me his spare while staying with him, so I could have a way to stay in touch). Sarah and I decided to have dinner anyway and invited Oggi to meet up with us to hang out for a bit. We ate at the Republic. It was quiet tasty. Oggi and Simon came and we all chatted for a bit. We later took Sarah back to her hotel and the rest of us went to meet a few more of Oggi's friends. We made our way to Laura's apartment and just chilled (pretty much as friends do in the US; having some random tv show on while talking about random things). A while later we decided to go out for a drink, three of us had tea and the other two had beer. After good and relaxing conversation, Laura and Stevie (we met up with him at Laura's) decided to turn in, but Oggi & Simon decided to show me what a Kebab was (during conversation the amazingness of Kebabs came up, and how I needed to have one).
Ummm, pretty much a Kebab is a tastey dish which we need to bring over to the States. A more useful description would be that a Kebab is a Turkish pita stuffed with chicken (traditionally lamb), lettuce/cabbage, tomato, and a sauce. For those of you that know what the Pita Pit is in Portland, it is similar to that but better (oh yes I said better). Wikipedia "Kebab" for more information, look specifically at doner Kebab. Anyway, after my first Kebab, we pretty much called it a night and drove Simon home before heading back to the flat.

1 comments:

AMPD said...

I SEE VENICE IS NEXT. THAT WAS MY FAVORITE PLACE WHEN I WENT OVERSEAS WITH NANA A POP POP. TRY TO FIND A GREAT SMALL GLASS STORE. THAT IS WHERE I GOT MY BLUE DECANTER SET. I WILL SEND THE NAME LATER WHEN I FIND THE INFO.


LLL

AUNT ALYDA